Ms. Wrench
Ms. Wrench, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech, Engine Performance & Diganostic Specialist, Alternative Fuel Expert

I HAVE A 1995 FORD F350 DUALLY (AUTOMATIC)- THE ABS LIGHT ...

Customer Question

I HAVE A 1995 FORD F350 DUALLY (AUTOMATIC)- THE ABS LIGHT KEEPS COMING ON AND THE TRUCK IS NOT CHANGING SPEEDS WELL ( A STRUGGLE TO GET UP TO SPEED) AND THE STRANGE THING IS THAT THE TAIL LIGHTS ARE LIT UP. I HAVE TO REMOVE THE ABS 15 AMP FUSE TO TURN OFF THE LIGHTS. WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO FIX THIS PROBLEM? THANKS
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ms. Wrench replied 6 years ago.

Te effectively answer this question, you need to read the codes.

DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE RETRIEVAL
Except 1999-00 Super Duty Models
Click image to see an enlarged view Fig. 1 RABS diagnostic trouble codes-Except 1999-00 Super Duty models WARNING Care must be taken to connect only the black/orange stripe wire to ground. Attaching the mating connector wire to ground will result in a blown fuse.

Verify the ignition switch is in the RUN position (engine does not need to be running). Next, locate the black RABS II diagnostic connector. The diagnostic connector has two mating halves, one of which has a black/orange wire connected to it. Detach the two connector halves. Attach one end of a jumper wire to the black/orange wire side of the diagnostic connector. Ground the opposite end of the jumper wire by connecting it to a ground until the ABS light begins to flash. Grounding this wire should start the yellow ABS warning indicator flashing.

The code consists of a number of short flashes and ends with a long flash. Count the short flashes and include the following long flash in the count to obtain the code number. For example, three short flashes followed by one long flash indicates diagnostic trouble code 4. The code will continue to repeat itself until the key is turned off. It is recommended that the code be verified by reading it several times. This code will be used later for system repair instructions. It should be written down for future use. A diagnostic trouble code 16 is obtained when the anti-lock brake control module detects normal system operation.

You should find the RABS connector on the passenger side, in the area behind or underneath the glove box or near kick panel. You can usually find it by looking at the harness in that area for the black/orange wire and follow it to the connector. Let me know what you find out and I can help you from there.

Thanks for using JA

Ms Wrench

If this helps you please click ACCEPT, bonuses and feedback are greatly appreciated.