Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

The second row middle seat in my for expedition will not

The second row middle seat in my for expedition will not fold flat. The other 2 will fold but not this one. We have checked it for obstuctions and the seat belt is in the correct place. The latch on the top of the seat does not seem to latch or unlatch. We can lift it up but it will not fold the seat. We have also moived the seat forward and backwards, but no luck. Any suggestions?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 8 years ago.

Hello, I'm Chris, a current Ford Lincoln Mercury employee.

Thanks for coming to our website Just Answer. I will do my best to help you resolve your concerns. I try my hardest to respond in a timely matter and I will respond to any reply anytime I am online. If you choose to reply after an answer is posted to say Thanks. Please include "I accept the answer" in your text

There is a handle on the side of the seat cushion which you pull up to fold the seat flat. The front seats must be forward and the 2nd row head rests must be folded down. The 2nd row seat will move forward when the side handle is pulled up. Once the seat back is laid flat you must pull the handle on the backrest to allow the seat to tip forward.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Chris (aka- Moose)'s Post: The middle seat does not have a headrest or a bar on the side of the seat. It only has the latch on the top left of the seat.
What page in your owners manual are you looking at on 2nd row seat fold down and what all does it say on this page?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Chris (aka- Moose)'s Post: It is page 174 and it does address problems with the middle seat. It does mention the following things though. The headrests were down on the other 2 seats, seatbelt was in place and it was moved into correct position. I am at a loss.

Is this what page 174 looks like.

graphic

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Chris (aka- Moose)'s Post: No- I am sorry it is not. I will go back to the car and double check to see what page.

OK, I will be waiting

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Ok- it starts with the second row information on page 182 and goes on through page 191.
graphicgraphic
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Chris (aka- Moose)'s Post: We must have different books because my 179 talks about memoryseats and adustable pedals, and 182 begins by talking about a filter then goes into the 2nd rear seats.
Can you give me the vin# XXXXX the drivers door jam label
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
My husband went out and did a through check of the seat to insure that there was nothing under it, in it or catching around it. He was able to find the steel cable that is activated when the handle is pulled and found it to be jammed. We will be taking it to the dealership to see what needs to be done. Thanks for your assistance.
Your welcome