mcc1228
mcc1228, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Diesel/Senior/Master Technician
9184953

I can not find the location of the OBD II connector on my ...

Customer Question

I can not find the location of the OBD II connector on my F53 chassis motorhome
Category: Ford
Expert:  mcc1228 replied 8 years ago.
Believe it or not, on F53 motorhomes they did NOT have OBD-II. If I recall correctly, they still used the "old school" EEC-IV style data link connectors. To locate this, you will need to lift the engine access cover on the inside of the vehicle. Look for two electrical connectors. One has six prongs, and the other is just a single prong.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to mcc1228's Post: The chassis manual states it uses an obd II system, so I am not sure this is correct but I will look in the morning to see if I can find what you have said.
Expert:  mcc1228 replied 8 years ago.

Were you able to locate the data link connector?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to mcc1228's Post: No I was not able to find it. Do you have any further suggestions?
Expert:  mcc1228 replied 8 years ago.
Just to clarify, this is a 1997 model year? If I'm not mistaken, this was the last year that the F53 motorhome chassis was offered with the 7.5L (460) V8? I will check my my publications. According to my service publications, it is located under the hood in the engine compartment, beside the starter motor relay, on the right hand side. This will be C148 and C149. It will have a cap. Again, one connector has six prongs (four on one row, and two on top), and the other is just a single terminal connector.