Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

1990 F150: starter relay..Which wires go on which terminals

How do I replace the starter relay in my 1990 F150? Which wires go on which terminals?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer.

The relay is mounted on the passenger side inner fender and is held on with 2 8mm bolts. There is a battery side post and a starter side post. On the battery side post there are some smaller extra fuse link wires which mount on the battery positive cable side with the positive battery cable. The other large post goes to the starter cable. Then there is one small wire (red/blue) which is the crank signel wire from the key which goes on the small pin on the front of the solenoid.