chris
chris, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master -Ford senior master-20 years experience
9504203

1997 FORD TAURUS. My trunk is locked and key will not ...

Customer Question

1997 FORD TAURUS. My trunk is locked and key will not unlock. Have tried both keys. Neither key works. Can't find switch to open inside car=is ther one? Can I get into trunk and unlock thru back seat?               Jenn
Category: Ford
Expert:  chris replied 9 years ago.

Hi there

the rear seat can be removed , If you are a big guy , I do not think you can fit through it ,, but remove the rear bottom seat cushion first ,, by pushing on the front edge of it rearward and up ,, do this on both sides,, then it will come out ,, then the rear seat back had two bolts on it ,,remove them and lift up and out ---------but be fore you do this do you have a remote trunk release on the dash ,, does it work ,, do you wont to hot wire it ?

Chris

graphicgraphic
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I cant find dash trunk release? Where would it be? I have a pass thru in rear seat.
Expert:  chris replied 9 years ago.

left of the steering column , on the dash

Chris

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I just checked-no release. I am a woman-56yrs old. Sounds like taking out seat is too much for me. Any other suggestions? Should I call locksmith? This is going to be expensive isn't it? Is ther anything else I can try?
Expert:  chris replied 9 years ago.

when you put the key in does it turn ,,,sometimes if you put your wiegth on the trunk lid ,, down ,, and put the key in and try to turn it at the same time ,, the trunk may pop open ,, other than that ,,, got any kids you can put through the rear seat ?? in the 80s some rug rat locked them selfs in the trunk ,, so Ford put these glow in the dark handles in the trunk so if a kid got locked in they can pull on it and open the trunk ...if no kids ,, then yes a locksmith

Chris

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Chris are you still there? Please I really need help. There is something in trunk I really need
Expert:  chris replied 9 years ago.

look above I wrote more

Chris

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
No kids. Key does not turn. Thank you for trying, you were very nice
Expert:  chris replied 9 years ago.

No problem

Chris