Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

1997 Ford expedition: 5.4 V8, replaced spark..replaced spark plugs

Customer Question

1997 Ford expedition with 5.4 V8, replaced spark plugs & continue to have intrermittent missing. Missing from moderat to severe. Acts up more in rain, but not alwys, is it coil pak or injector. Ran a number of cans of injector cleaner without success. What is solution?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 8 years ago.

Hello, I'm Chris, a current Ford Lincoln Mercury employee.

Thanks for coming to our website Just Answer. I will do my best to help you resolve your concerns. I try my hardest to respond in a timely matter and I will respond to any reply anytime I am online. If you choose to reply after an answer is posted to say Thanks. Please include "I accept the answer" in your text

This is most likely a faulty coil on plug. You will need to use a scan tool to see which cylinder is misfireing so you will know which of the 8 coils to replace. Rain and air moisture can affect the coils and cause them to arc out and not give current to the plugs.