chris, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master -Ford senior master-20 years experience

2001 Ford Escape: hatch door..automatic..suv that I can do it manually

I have a 2001 Ford Escape. The hatch door will not open with the automatic key and it does not have a manual key option. Is there any other place located in the suv that I can do it manually?
Category: Ford
Expert:  chris replied 8 years ago.

Hi there

I am confused ,,,your truck should a tumbler on the liftgate to unlock and lock it ..was it removed ,,every one I have seen has a key tumbler for the liftgate --did not know this was an option -

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Chris,   I don't have any knowledge of it being removed. And I have not done so. What else can I do to help to get my answer? By the way, Where is it located?

Expert:  chris replied 8 years ago.

If you look at the pic I sent you ,,,click on it,,,and it will be bigger----above the license plate to the right there is a round silver hole --thats the lock tumbler

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX mechanic said there's none. The whole door needs to be replaced becaouse this is an electric door. Thanks anyway.
Expert:  chris replied 8 years ago.