Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

2001 expedition: Fuel pump fuse? which one is it

Customer Question

2001 expedition turns over strongly, won''t start. Fuel pump fuse? which one is it?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 8 years ago.

Hello, I'm Chris, a current Ford Lincoln Mercury employee.

Thanks for coming to our website Just Answer. I will do my best to help you resolve your concerns. I try my hardest to respond in a timely matter and I will respond to any reply anytime I am online. If you choose to reply after an answer is posted to say Thanks. Please include "I accept the answer" in your text

• With the key in the ignition and in the start or run position is the theft light flashing at all?
  • Do the headlights come on bright?
  • Have you checked fuel pressure and ignition spark?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I don't know about those things...the truck is stranded at the store right now. If I knew the number of the fuel pump fuse, I could check that 1st. Will wait a few for an answer and then go check that other stuff I guess. It was running fine, and I sure don't hear the fuel pump running. Thanx Terry

OK here is the fuel pump circuit and the possible power loss points.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Chris (aka- Moose)'s Post: I checked the fuse and it was OK. Tapped on the relays and it fired right up. If you can tell me the Number of the relay so I can replace it I can accept. Thank You Terry
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It is a 2001 Ford expedition 4x4 with 5.4 engine if that helps. Could it be something other than the relay sticking? Thanx Terry

Sounds like you have narrowed it down to a faulty relay.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank You The diagram of the fuse box is worth the money. I will replace the relay and hope. Thanx again Terry
Your welcome