lostrider
lostrider, Ford Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, Ford Senior Master Technician,Diesel certified, ASE Master, 22 yrs FORD exp.
9493671

Where is my horn on my Ford Taurus and how do you replace it

No Comment Added

Horn Printable View (8 KB)

Horn

The vehicle is equipped with standard dual horns. The horns are mounted in the LF frame rail corner behind the front bumper.

Horn Switch, Steering Wheel Mounted

The horn blow switches are inc

Removal and Installation

1. Disconnect the electrical connector.
  1. NOTE: The new horns are installed as an assembly.

Remove the horn assembly.
    1. Remove the bolt.
    1. Remove the horn assembly.
  1. To install, reverse the removal procedure.

orporated within the driver side air bag module in the steering wheel. The switches are powered through the clockspring and ground through the steering column. For removal and installation of the horn switches; refer to Section 501-20B.hope this helps.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to lostrider's Post: If i accept, will i be able to view the attchments you included? Right now they do not open.
Also, in your reply to replace the horn, do i need to remoce battery power? Do you have a p/n?
I will send the images again, its not necessary to disconnect the battery to replace the horns, I don't have the part number, if you call the local dealer they should be happy to give you the number and the price.graphicgraphic