Glenn
Glenn, Senior Master Ford Tech
Experience:  26 years exp with Ford Products, ASE Master Auto & Truck + advanced engine perf L1/L2 Gas & Diesel
3389900

How do I reset my car alarm after replacing the battery ...

How do I reset my car alarm after replacing the battery on my 1994 ford mustang?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Glenn replied 6 years ago.

Hello there,

You can try this to reset most car alarms.

1) Disconnect the negative battery cable
2) Turn the key to the on position, leave it there.
3) Reconnect the negative battery cable.
4) Turn the key to the off position
5) Now attempt to start the vehicle
-
6) If this is a passive alarm problem, try cycling the key from off to on several times to see if the light will stop flashing rapidly.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Glenn's Post: Will this take care of my remote alarm lock as well?
Expert:  Glenn replied 6 years ago.
I am not sure of what you are asking me, please explain.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have a 1994 Ford Mustang. It is equipped with a viper car alarm and keyless lock. It isnt working anymore ,since I replaced the battery on my car.What can I do? Or what did I do to make it not work?And how can I make it work again?
Thank You,Mary
Expert:  Glenn replied 6 years ago.

Hi Mary,

Well try the reset process I sent you. Check the batteries in the remote and then tell me exactly what it does and does not do

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Glenn's Post: I tried what you said and got no response. The car alarm doesnt even flash at all. And I replaced the battery in the keyless remote as well.I also checked all the fuses they were all fine. And still got nothing from alarm. Now what?
Expert:  Glenn replied 6 years ago.

Hi Mary,

Sorry, It's going to get difficult from here. You need to find the alarm module that is probably under the dash on the drivers side. Look for in line fuse holders, one of those may have burnt out. I can not help you much further, every alarm system is just a tad bit different and I do not have the wiring diagrams for them. I would suggest taking it to a alarm dealer if you do not find any fuses blown or wires disconnected.

Glenn, Senior Master Ford Tech
Experience: 26 years exp with Ford Products, ASE Master Auto & Truck + advanced engine perf L1/L2 Gas & Diesel