drobbi, auto mechanic
Experience:  13 years experience in ford automotive field from drivability to diesel

My 2001 Ford Windstar cruise control quit working.

My 2001 Ford Windstar cruise control quit working. First it worked intermittently and finally not at all. Also the ABS brake light comes on and off. I checked the fuse and it is ok. Is there a cruise switch on the master cylinder bad? I don''t think its related but the back passenger side back window stop rolling out.

HiCustomer I think you are right about it not having any thing to do with the rear window. But it could be the switch on the master cylinder. Do you see any fluid when you disconnect the switch. If you see any brake fluid the switch will need to be replaced. If it is not leaking it doesn't mean that it is not defective. There are many other components that could cause your problem. The servo could be inop. The switches on the steering wheel could also be at fault. But without the proper test equipment it will be hard to diagnose. I hope this helps you. If you have any more questions or problems don't hesitate to email me. Thanks drobbi

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Where is the servo located?

hi again stakster, the servo is located on the drivers side front of the engine compartment near and behind the air filter. I hope this helps. thanks again drobbi

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Ok thanks. I think I will replace both one at a time and see if that eliminates the problem.
Ok but I would try the switch first, the servo is not cheap. You said it would work intermittently before you may want to look at your steering wheel switches if the brake switch is not the problem. And please if you need any more help don't hesitate to come back and email me thanks again drobbi