Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

I have a 2001 Ford Mustang, and my check engine light is ...

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Ford Mustang, and my check engine light is on. When I accelerate the car begins to jerk ( especially going up hills). My husband already put new spark plugs on it and it didn''t help. My neighbor seems to think it might be the fuel filter. Do you think having the fuel filter changed might solve the problem? I also thought that i might of recieved bad gas last time I filled up, so I also put that stuff in the gas tank that gets rid of the water. That didn''t help either. The check engine light came on as soon as it started jerking.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer.

How many miles on your engine?

Is the check engine light flashing?

Have you had a code scan done?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Ron's Post: I have 37,858 miles on my car.
the light isn't stays on
i haven't had a code scan done yet.
Expert:  Ron replied 8 years ago.
The next step, in order to give you the proper answer, is we are going to need the code.With out knowing why the check engine light is on, its only a guess as to what it will take to repair. You can stop at most part stores and they will pull the code usually at no cost. Once you have the code we can proceed from there with a proper answer to help you resolve your problem.