Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

2008 Ford: chrome fog light covers over the black ones on the car now

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Ford Fusion. I am trying to install chrome fog light covers over the black ones on the car now. How do I remove the black ones on the car now?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 8 years ago.

Hello, I'm Chris, a current Ford Lincoln Mercury employee. I am a master certified tech in all driveline repairs including; Auto and Manual Trans, Transfer case, Steering, Brakes, Axle, Suspension, and Driveshafts. I am also certified in Gas and Diesel Engine repairs including Driveability as well as Electrical and HVAC. I also perform most of the noise vibration and harshness concerns but in person they are difficult and much more difficult on the internet.

Thanks for coming to our website Just Answer. I will do my best to help you resolve your concerns. I do my best to respond in a timely matter and I will respond anytime I am online. If you choose to reply after an answer is posted to say Thanks. Please include I accept in your text

• can you post the website url of where you see these covers at?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Chris (aka- Moose)'s Post: Here is a link to them. They are the same ones sold at the dealer. I checked the part numbers. Cant figure out how to get the old ones off.

Part numbers are 6E5Z-17E810-A and 6E5Z-17E811-A
One for left and one for right

OK I was under the impression you had no lights and just had black inserts covering the bumper hole.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Any instructions on removing the fog lamp bezel? I can get that tabs off on 1 side of the insert but not the other.
These are the only ford instructions for the fog light. I have used a small flat blade screwdriver to aid in releasing them.