Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

I have a 2004 E350 v10 van. Fuel Rail pressure sensor code ...

I have a 2004 E350 v10 van. Fuel Rail pressure sensor code p0191 and sensor reading 64-68 psi rail pressure at idle. No driveablity concerns from customer. Has ford had a problem with this problem on this application? also can the fuel pump control module be causing this issue?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 8 years ago.

Hello tranman,

The code 0191 is normally set due to a bad Fuel pressure sensor, but replacement of the sensor usually dosnt fix the concern. The problem in most case is the fuel pump is supplying the wrong voltage to the pressure sensor , thus setting the code. The Van runs good in most cases but the fix is replacing the pump.

I have had at least 5 cases of this same problem so yes the pump is a problem but good luck getting Ford to admit it.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Ron's Post: fix is the fuel pump itself or the fuel pump control unit (aka- fuel pump driver module) thats mounted on the framerail?
Expert:  Ron replied 8 years ago.
The fix is the fuel pump its self, not the driver modual.