Carhelp4u
Carhelp4u, ASE CERTIFIED TECH
Experience:  ASE CERTIFICATION
3903212

2003 F250: alternator..6.0 liter..liter diesel..serpentine belt

need to replace alternator on 2003 F250 6.0 liter diesel. how do you slacken serpentine belt?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 8 years ago.

Ok to remove the serpentine belt, you will need to release the tension by turning the belt tensioner clockwise, This is done by using a 3/8" drive ratchet in the back side of the tensioner. You will see a small hex to put the ratchet in. Note #8 in the illustration. There is actually a belt tensioner tool that you can rent from most auto part stores. Here is the illustration. Just keep inmind that the tensioner is spring loaded and will require you to keep it in the unloaded position until you get the belt off, and then until you get the belt back on. Feel free to contact me with any questions! Good luck!

graphic

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
thank you
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 8 years ago.
No problem! Feel free to contact me with any further problems! If this has helped please press accept. Good luck!