Randall    (Cheeko)
Randall (Cheeko), Certified Mechanic Ford Motor Co.
Experience:  18 years as a Ford tech and still going

I have a 99 Ford Expedition. My dome light will not ...

I have a 99 Ford Expedition. My dome light will not shut off. My door ajar light would not go off tonite when I was driving home but my dome light would go off as soon as I was go approx 20mph. It would come back on when I dropped below 20 mph. Now I''m home and my lights are still on in my truck. What do I do?

Hi, sounds as if you have a door ajar switch sticking, they are located in the doors on the latches, what you can do is spray some wd-40 into the latches and open and close the doors 15-20 times and repeat, this works 90% of the time, start with the drivers door and work you way around to each door, if it doesn't then you will need a scanner with the correct software to see witch switch is bad and replace the ajar switch, thanks

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Okay, thanks! I will definitely give that a try! Thank you!
thank you and have a Great evening