Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

2000 Ford Focus: heater blower switch only works on high

My 2000 Ford Focus heater blower switch only works on high. Any suggestions would be helpful

Hello rshovald,

The common cause of the blower only having high speed is likely due to a bad blower motor resistor. On your Focus the resistor is located on the right side of the dash , mounted right next to the blower motor. Replacing it will likely resolve your concern.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Im looking at my blower motor with the nessesary trim R&I ed. Unless the resister is mounted internaly with the blower motor I'm am not seeing a resister. Please advise.
It located in the AC box near the blower motor, let me try and find a picturegraphic