Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2005 ford focus: check engine light..gas cap

Customer Question

check engine light on 2005 ford focus, i checked gas cap reset light and it came back on ,what is most common problem kevin
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 9 years ago.
Is the check fuel cap light coming on or the little engine symbol?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Chris (aka- Moose)'s Post: the little check engine light, is there a common problem on my model,

Hello I'm Chris a Ford Employee and Certified Engine/Transmission Specialist.

Thanks for asking your question. I am eager to get your vehicle back up and running correct. Be aware it is difficult to fix concerns associated with noises and smells over the net, but I will do my best. Diagrams are often copied from other websites. I am here to help you out for a small fee far less than a dealership and easier on the wallet, so if this information is of aid PLEASE PRESS ACCEPT and help me out financially by paying the small fee (which you selected). Please reply if further discussion is needed.

I would not say it is common problem but they will illuminate when a concern is present. The most common focus concern I run into is a leaking PCV hose from the valve cover to the intake causing a lean code. You need to get a scan tool on this vehicle to pull the codes before replaceing any parts.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Chris (aka- Moose)'s Post: scan code number b1936,b1933,b2233,b2232,b2227

All of these are air bag faults and have nothing to do with the check engine light being on

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Chris (aka- Moose)'s Post: i guess i will check the hose thank you
Check the hose and use a scan tool to pull the P codes