Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

Ford Taurus gas pedal vibration/noise

My wife has a 2000 Taurus SE, with a 3.0L engine. The car has 135K original miles. There is a problem with a droning/oscillating vibration/noise in the gas pedal while driving at any speed; accelerating or decelerating. The gas pedal does not vibrate when it is pressed while the car is in park and the vibration/droning continues when the car is coasted in neutral. Reving the engine in neutral while coasting has no effect on the noise. It appears to be motion dependent.    Others on the net have had a similar problem which led them to replace wheel bearings, water pump, etc. This did not resolve the problem for those individuals. Others have fooled around with the throttle cable. Do you have any suggestions. The noise is driving me batty!!! Thanks!
Can you post your vin# XXXXX me?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Hello I'm Chris a Ford Employee and Certified Engine/Transmission Specialist.

Thanks for asking your question. I am eager to get your vehicle back up and running correct. Be aware it is difficult to fix concerns associated with noises and smells over the net, but I will do my best. Diagrams are often copied from other websites. I am here to help you out for a small fee far less than a dealership and easier on the wallet, so if this information is of aid PLEASE PRESS ACCEPT and help me out financially by paying the small fee (which you selected). Please reply if further discussion is needed.

Using your vin# XXXXX found 2 possible cause which are the exhaust system biding or hittin the underside of the car. Or the shifter cable from the floor or column shifter dronning. I have also found a few where the accelerator cable caused a concern. I suggest you raise the vehicle and attempt the concern in the air and inspect the exhaust. As for the shifter cable. Inspect the routing between the firewall and transmission. You may need to zip tie it in a better location. As for the accelerator cable concern. I solved quite a few of them by locating the cable just past the firewall and splittting a 6 inch piece of rubber hose and inserting a 3 OZ wheel weighta dn inclosing the cable also in the hose and zip tieing it on the cable. These are some ideas to try.