POWERSTROKE, Ford Mechanic

F-250: 7.3l diesel lost power and died..what the problem might be

Customer Question

My F-250, 7.3l diesel lost power and died. It won''t idle now. Any suggestions on what the problem might be? I just (10miles ago) bought the truck so I don''t have any "feel" for it yet.
Category: Ford
Expert:  POWERSTROKE replied 8 years ago.

Yes thewre is a shut off switch in the right kick panel. Make sure its depressed but thats not likly to be the problem. First turn the key on and listen under the drivers door for the fuel pump, its mounted on the inside of the frame rail, if you hear it running remove the filter housing cover on top of the engine and make sure the bowl fills up when the key is in the on position. If all good there check to see if the cam sensor located on the passengers side of the crank pulley is the old style( gold bracket and black sensor) If it is it needs to be replaced with the new sensor and is covered by recall 07s57. Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Answer was not timely--4 hours plus--and did not help with the problem. It was the fuel pump.
Im sorry you felt it wasnt timely, however i answerd the question you asked and told you where the shut off switch was and what to look for as far as the fuel pump. Please remember this is a pay site and we do not answer questions for free. There are other sites that you can answers for free.