Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

295,000 miles on what is probably a rebuilt engine.

I is at a 45 degree to the left when driving straight ahead. It was like this when I bought it. It has 295,000 miles on what is probably a rebuilt engine. The was a complete front end and body rebuild by a previous owner and probably the engine replacement then. It runs like a dream but the wheel position is annoying. It has airbags so I am not about to try to pull the streering wheel. I have a Haynes manual for this van.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 8 years ago.

The steering wheel cannot be set by removing the wheel. To straighten the steering wheel it will have to be done with a wheel alignment. The tie rod ends will need to be adjusted and in order to get the toe set correctly at the same time this will correct the steering wheel and if done right it will come out stright.