Brad
Brad, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
5135651

2002 ford explorer: power windows..power locks..power mirrors..master

Customer Question

i have no power windows on my 2002 ford explorer. i do have power locks and power mirrors. i checked for power at the plug jack to master window operator and shows no power.i checked fuses to see if any were blown and did not see any.Can you help me.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Brad replied 8 years ago.
HelloCustomer and welcome to JustAnswer.com!

Is this an XLT model, or is this a Sport or SportTrac model?

2 orXXXXX

What size engine?

Thanks!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
xlt limited ,4 wheel drive.4.6 liter.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
engine1 waiting for reply from Brad.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
isent your request you asked.i did not receive any answer on my question. is there a relay before master window operator.i am still waiting on my original question.
Expert:  Brad replied 8 years ago.
Sorry for the delay.. just one more question for you...

What is the "build date" of your Explorer? (This will be on the door-jamb sticker with a month and a year.. .example 11/2001 or 04/2002 or similar).

Apparently they used two different electrical setups on these, depending on whether it's before or after 03/2002.

Thanks!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
date shows 01/02
Expert:  Brad replied 8 years ago.
OK.. first you need to check fuse #1.6 in the underhood fusebox (Battery Junction Box).

If that is good, then you may have a bad circuit breaker. Try tapping on it lightly, and if it still doesn't work, unplug it and check for power at the terminals. If you have power here you can try TEMPORARILY installing a jumper wire in it's place, just don't leave it like that, as this may pose a fire hazard.

If still no luck you can try replacing the Accessory Delay Relay (In the interior fuse box).

And there's the chance of a broken wire.. if this is the case it's most likely going to be one of the wires going through the door. Everytime the door is opened and closed these wire bend a bit and will break over time (although you only see this typically on older vehicles (10+ years old), but anything is possible.

These diagrams may help! Feel free to reply if you need more help with this! Good luck!

graphicgraphic
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Brad,i am still having a problem locating fuse #1.6 in battery junction box.Also you mention circuit breaker where is it located.also where is Accessory Delay Relay located and what does it look like.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Brad,i am still having a problem locating fuse #1.6 in battery junction box.Also you mention circuit breaker where is it located.also where is Accessory Delay Relay located and what does it look like.Brad the fuses i have in terminal box are # XXXXX 14A003,F57B-14B192-M(6),F0AB-14B192-AA(3),F57B-14B192-AA(1)
Expert:  Brad replied 8 years ago.
The circuit breaker is located on the drivers side fender, per the above illustration (O22 in the diagram).

The Accessory Delay Relay mounts on the backside of the interior fuse box (central junction box):

graphic

Fuse 1.6 (60amp) is in the underhood fuse box (battery junction box):

graphic
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Brad,I still can not locate circuit breaker you describe is on driver side fender.Can you give any more description.Also accessory delay relay located on interior fuse box.to get access do i have to remove emergency brake bracket to pull down fuse box .Brad,ibeen waiting for a response please thank you.