POWERSTROKE, Ford Mechanic

2001 Ford Escort: 2.0L sohc..idle problem..pvc valve and lots of hose

Customer Question

I own a 2001 Ford Escort 2.0L SOHC with a really bad idle problem. I have replaced the PVC valve and lots of hose. Excellaration is great. Lots od bucking and sometimes it will die at a red light. Everything else is fine. Gas millage is around 24 25mpg.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
In addition to the rough idle, the more stuff I turn on like headlights, heater and radio make the idle even worse. the engine isn't going to higher idle to compinsate for more power being used.
Expert:  POWERSTROKE replied 8 years ago.

The idle air control is what compensates for the load increase. You can try disconnecting the iac while the car is running to see if there is any change in idle. The car should stall. Here is a picture of the iac its on top of the engine at the throttle body.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
iac was replaced over a year ago.

I would recheck for a vacuum leak by spraying the intake with brake cleaner to see if the idle improves.