POWERSTROKE, Ford Mechanic

2000 Ford Explorer: spark plugs..MAP sensor..the intake..leak

I have a 2000 Ford Explorer with the 4.0L V6 engine, it runs low idle when it is cold in the morning and sounds like it is missing. I have replaced the idle speed control unit, have new spark plugs and wires and have cleaned MAP sensor and have sealed the intake once, found a vacumn leak. Would like to now what to look for next. Thank youCustomer
Category: Ford
Expert:  POWERSTROKE replied 8 years ago.

By sealed intake do you mean you replaced the lower gaskets?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes, I replaced the oring seal and added rtv around the outside edges of plastic intake where I found a vacumn leak.Customer
Is this an sohc motor or a push rod motor.?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It is a push rod motor and has a two piece intake manifold, a top and bottom. I unbolted the top part of the intake and replaced the o ring gasket and sealed the outside edges with rtv to seal the intake from vacuum leaks. Cleaned MAP sensor with nonlubricant tuner cleaner. It run great when it is warm but after setting all night it starts ruff and will not stay running till the engine is warm.Customer
The lower intake gasket is ther one that has all the problems on that motor. once the plastic intake is off you need to remove the injector plate and replace the paper gasket under it. Also the o-ring for the egr tube if it has one is also another big leak point.