Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 2004 Ford Focus ZTW. The door ajar light is coming ...

I have a 2004 Ford Focus ZTW. The door ajar light is coming on and staying on when driving, when all doors are closed and nothing is blocking the latches on them. The driver''s side turn signal when engaged, is flashing at an abnormal rate. The Over Drive Light Off is flashing, and the engine light has come on. Everything was fine on the start of my drive, but the door ajar light seemed triggered by breaking. Please help.

Hello I'm Chris a Ford Employee and Certified Engine/Transmission Specialist.

Thanks for asking your question. I am eager to get your vehicle back up and running correct, I am here to help you out for a small fee far less than a dealership and easier on the wallet, so if this information is of aid PLEASE PRESS ACCEPT and help me out financially by paying the small fee. Please reply if further discussion is needed.

1. As for the brake shaking this is most likely warped brake rotors or drums.
  2. As for the OD flash this is a trans concern where a code is stored. I need to know what trans concerns you noticeing before i can try to diag it without knowing the trouble codes.
  3. As for the CEL being on this could be a engine concern or it could be on from the OD light. This also has stored a fault code which you pull with a scan tool.
  4. As for the dorr ajar light there is most likely a sticking door ajar switch on one or more of any of the doors. There is a switch mounted to the latch inside each door. Sometimes shooting wd40 into the latches will free up the switches.
  5. As for the rapid light flash either a bulb is shot or inop.