How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris (aka- Moose) Your Own Question
Chris (aka- Moose)
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Category: Ford
Satisfied Customers: 47280
Experience:  16 years experience
Type Your Ford Question Here...
Chris (aka- Moose) is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

1998 f-150: 4.6, gylcol leak from metal tube..intake manifold..cracked

Resolved Question:

1998 f-150 w/4.6, gylcol leak from metal tube on r rear of intake manifold. heater hose connects to other end. is this pressed into manifold? how to replace? appears to be cracked @ base just above manifold
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 9 years ago.

Hello I'm Chris a Ford Employee and Certified Engine/Transmission Specialist.

Thanks for asking your question. I am eager to get your vehicle back up and running correct, I am here to help you out for a small fee far less than a dealership and easier on the wallet, so if this information is of aid PLEASE PRESS ACCEPT and help me out financially by paying the small fee. Please reply if further discussion is needed.

It is pressed into the intake. There is not a repair procedure for it since most just replace the intake when this occurs. One tube goes in the intake and one goes under the intake to the water pump.



Chris (aka- Moose) and 4 other Ford Specialists are ready to help you