Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

1998 f-150: 4.6, gylcol leak from metal tube..intake manifold..cracked

1998 f-150 w/4.6, gylcol leak from metal tube on r rear of intake manifold. heater hose connects to other end. is this pressed into manifold? how to replace? appears to be cracked @ base just above manifold
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 8 years ago.

Hello I'm Chris a Ford Employee and Certified Engine/Transmission Specialist.

Thanks for asking your question. I am eager to get your vehicle back up and running correct, I am here to help you out for a small fee far less than a dealership and easier on the wallet, so if this information is of aid PLEASE PRESS ACCEPT and help me out financially by paying the small fee. Please reply if further discussion is needed.

It is pressed into the intake. There is not a repair procedure for it since most just replace the intake when this occurs. One tube goes in the intake and one goes under the intake to the water pump.