FORDFXR
FORDFXR, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  FORD MASTER TECHNICIAN ALBERTA JOURNEYMAN INTERPROVICIAL STANDARD
7906536

how do i reset the antitheft system in a 2002 ford f150

No Comment Added
Category: Ford
Expert:  FORDFXR replied 6 years ago.

hi

what code are you getting?

Louis

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the anti theft light flashes contiueously and the ABS light remains on steady
Expert:  FORDFXR replied 6 years ago.

hi

do you have a remote starter?

when a key is inserted into the ignition and the switch turned on, a signal is sent to the key which modifies the signal by adding the unique id # XXXXX the signal and sent back to the pats transceiver, if the key id # XXXXX XXXXX the pats system will not allow the vehicle to start, you may have a damaged key, or a concern within the system

let me know if this helped, and if you need any more info

please send feedback so we can serve you better, positive feedback is always appreciated

Louis

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i removed the fuse box inside the cab of the truck earlier today would that have something to do with my present problem
Expert:  FORDFXR replied 6 years ago.

hi

did you replace the fuse box, or just have it out for access?

do you have a remote starter in the truck?

do you have a second key you can try?

Louis

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I remove the fuse box to access wires behind it.
I do not have a remote starter.
Yes I tried a second key.
The engine turns over but does not fire.
Expert:  FORDFXR replied 6 years ago.

hi

All elements of PATS must be functional before the engine is allowed to start. If any of the components are not working correctly, the vehicle will not start

do you have access to a scanner to check for codes, if so check codes and get back to me

Louis

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No I do not have access to a scanner. Can you tell me some things to try.
Expert:  FORDFXR replied 6 years ago.

ok

check for battery voltage at the coil (red with light green wire) and at the injector (red wire)
check for ground pulse at the coil and at the injectors - - put the ground clamp of the test light on the battery(+) and the other end to the coil or injector see if it pulses when the engine is cranked.

Louis

FORDFXR, Ford Mechanic
Experience: FORD MASTER TECHNICIAN ALBERTA JOURNEYMAN INTERPROVICIAL STANDARD