Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

How much does it cost to repair a broken cigarette lighter socket

No Comment Added
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 8 years ago.

Have you checked to see if you have actual power at the cig lighter socket?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes, I used it to plug in my son's portable dvd player for when we travel one day he jumped out of his car seat and tripped over the dvd wires which ripped out the adaptor for the dvd and a piece of metal from the adaptor broke off in the socket after a few sparks i managed to take that metal piece out. Then I purchased a new dvd adaptor works just fine when i plug it in the front car lighter socket, but doesnt work for the back socket. I checked the fuses to see if that might be the problem but no fuse was out.
Expert:  Ron replied 8 years ago.

Hello Kimn,

It appears there are to fuse for the different power points to your cig lighter. They are located under your hood in the battery junction Box. See attachment. Your looking for console 2 which is the rear.

Expert:  Ron replied 8 years ago.
The battery junction box is located on the left inner fender. The fuse you need to check is F1-7. Im betting its blown.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I checked the fuse box under the hood and nothing was blown.. could it burned the electrical wirings? What if its not blown what else could be the cause of it?
Expert:  Ron replied 8 years ago.

Did you check the F1-7 fuse in the under hood box. You need to check it with a test light to be sure. There are 2 fuses for each power point. Check the F!-9 fuse as well.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
OK, thank you! I'll give it another try.
Expert:  Ron replied 8 years ago.
Let me know if I can assist.