Kyle N.
Kyle N., ASE Master tech
Experience:  ASE Master tech w/ L1 Ca. smog license

Car wont start, fuel pump works, fuel injectors..fuel pressure..firing

car wont start, fuel pump works, fuel injectors working,have fuel pressure firing but wont start engine just turn but wont crank

What was your fuel pressure?

Do you have spark?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
friend checked fuel pressure so i dont know what it was but that it had it. yes have spark used starting fluid and car started briefly from starting fluid.
The pressure has to be high enough to start the engine, if the starter fluid started the engine then you probably have low fuel pressure. You need at least 35-40 lbs. of fuel pressure to start the engine. If you have a fuel pump that isn't putting out that much pressure because it's weak it will look like you have pressure but it's not enough to start the engine. You need to test for fuel pressure with a fuel pressure gauge to see the pressure.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
96 Ford Probe wont start. Fuel pump has been replaced,fuel filter,new spark plugs getting gas and car is firing, but still wont start. has fuel pressure, so what could be the problem.
Have you tried using a noid light on the injector harness?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
does the ignition module have anything to do with my problem. injector are pulsating.

The ignition control module makes the coil fire the spark. If you have spark it's not the ICM unless the spark is weak.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
with all things considered where would be the next thing to check, say if i have enough fuel pressure(dont know the actual fuel pressure but lets say its enough) where should i go from here, answer that and i will accept your answer, thanks
If you have enough fuel pressure then I'd do a compression check on all the cylinders and make sure the engine is okay. If you have fuel pressure and spark and the computer is pulsing the injectors then it has to be a mechanical problem with the engine.