Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

No Comment Added

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Ford
Expert:  Randall (Cheeko) replied 9 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What year is your Ford?
-What model is your Ford?
-How many miles are on your Ford?
-What type of engine is in your Ford?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Cheeko's Post: HELLO CHEEKO,
I HAVE A 1995 WINDSTAR 3.8L V6CYL.WITH       
98,000 MILES.
I HAD SOMEONE REPLACE THE POWER WINDOW MOTOR DRIVERS SIDE AND IT WORKED FOR A WHILE BUT,
THEN I LOST AIR AND WIPER CONTROL SO I GAVE IT BACK TO HIM.
WHEN I GOT IT BACK IT ALL WORKED ON A COUNT OF HE JUMPERED TO THE POWER WINDOW MOTOR TERMINAL FROM THE
EMPTY TRAILER 60 AMP FUSE TERMINAL IN THE POWER DISTRIBUTION BOX THATS UNDER THE HOOD.
HE ALSO HAD 2 SHORT WIRES COMING OUT OF THE FUSE
PANEL UNDER DRIVER SIDE DASHBOARD COMPARTMENT WHICH DID NOT APPEAR TO BE CONNECTED TO THE SAME
FUSE PANEL LOCATION.I REMOVED THESE WIRES AND THE
ONE FROM POWER DIS BOX TO WINDOW MOTOR(JUMPER).
THEN I CHECKED ALL RELAYS AND HIGH ENERGY FUSES AT THE POWER DIS BOX (ALL O.K.), AND AT THE UNDER DASH FUSE PANEL I FOUND AND REPLACED A BLOWN WIPER FUSE. ALL OTHERS WERE GOOD, BUT
I COULD HEAR A VERY FAINT "CHIME" NOISE KINDA LIKE LEAVING THE KEY IN IGNITION.HEARD ONLY WHEN MY HEAD WAS DOWN THERE. I PULLED THE #19 (10AMP)
FUSE TO KILL THE CHIME OR I'D HAVE TO DISCONNECT THE BATT. OWNERS MANUAL CALLS #19 FUSE LOCATION
"GEM", HENCE THE GENERIC ELECTRONIC MODULE QUESTION. I KNOW THIS SOUNDS TOO SCREWY TO BE ONE CAUSE BUT I WOULD BE REAL SATISFIED IF YOU COULD SOLVE THIS AND ANY ADVICE WOULD BE HELPFUL.
THANK YOU.
Customer
Hi, did you have the system tested with a scanner ? thanks
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
HI,
NO I DID NOT HAVE IT SCANNED BECAUSE I WAS NOT SURE I WOULD GET ACCURATE READINGS IF AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM EXISTED.
THANKS