Glenn, Senior Master Ford Tech
Experience:  26 years exp with Ford Products, ASE Master Auto & Truck + advanced engine perf L1/L2 Gas & Diesel

1988 F250: diagram for the fuel line system..6cyl..tanks to injectors

I need a diagram for the fuel line system on a 1988 F250 300 6cyl with efi and duel tanks ( from tanks to injectors)

hello there,

What do you need to know? There are not diagrams of fuel lines.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I purchased this truck and someone removed the fuel lines from the tanks to the cannister filter on the frame, one line that is still hanging there is gray and the other is blue it also has the fuel pump on the frame and all lines are diconnected or missing. What I need to know is what goes where. I have searched for similar trucks at junk yards to compare but have had no luck Thank you

OK the blue line [which is larger in diameter] is the pressure line going toward the fuel rail.[supply line] These lines require black clips.

The gray line is the return line [which is smaller] . This line requires white clips.

Here is the picture of the switching canister on the frame rail. The line to the rail pump would be blue coming from the engine supply port of the canister, then it may or may not have gone thru a rail mounted fuel filter and then on the the fuel rail.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks Glenn your diagrams and explanation will get me on the road, being a brickmason times are tight in the winter but my 16 year old son and I will be writing you often LOL this spring and summer we are lifting the truck and putting an old rebuilt 460 in her and I know we will need plenty of directions! Thanks Again, Boyd