Hello dave, This should help.
Removing the spare tire
To remove the spare tire:
1. Open the liftgate and open the
plastic cover from the carpeting on
cargo floor to expose the hex nut.
On cargo van model, lift flap in mat
to expose hex nut.
2. Insert the lug nut wrench on the
hex nut in cargo floor.
3. Turn the wrench
counterclockwise until tire is
lowered to the ground and the cable
is slightly slack.
4. Remove the retainer from the
To install the spare tire:
1. Reverse the removal steps 2
through 4. When the tire is raised to
the stowed position underneath the
vehicle, the hex nut ratchets and will not allow you to overtighten.
2. Check seating position of tire for looseness against the underbody
supports and retighten if necessary.