Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

i have a 97 ford f150 and my horn,cruise control and ...

i have a 97 ford f150 and my horn,cruise control and air bag on my steering wheel is not working. is there a relay switch that controls these components together
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 8 years ago.

Hello Chris

Is your air bag light on?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes it is
Expert:  Ron replied 8 years ago.

Hello Chris,

The one thing the cruise control, horn and the air bad share is the connections inside the clock spring. The clock spring is the rotating contacts just behind the steering wheel. This very likely your problem, as this a very common concern of Ford truck. Im sending you a check test The steering wheel needs to be removed to replace the clockspring. Let me know if I can assist.graphicto determine this.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
ron,know that you have given me an explanationof what it could be,i did hear some popping noise on the steering wheel as i was turning into a parking lot the day it stopped hopefully this is the answer to my this problem hard to fix.
Expert:  Ron replied 8 years ago.
Once you decide its the clockspring Ive sent you some more information so assist with replacement.graphicgraphicgraphic