Chris (aka- Moose), Ford Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Ford.
2499435

1998 Ford f150: My wipers

Customer Question

My wipers on my 1998 Ford f150 just quick working , I can here the motor working but the wipers do not move, any ideal what it could be.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 6 years ago.
Were the wiindshield wipers by any chance recently frozen to the window?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Chris (aka- Moose)'s Post: yes

Hello I'm Chris a Ford Employee and Certified Engine/Transmission Specialist.

Thanks for asking your question. I am eager to get your vehicle back up and running correct, I am here to help you out for a small fee far less than a dealership and easier on the wallet, so if this information is of aid PLEASE PRESS ACCEPT and help me out financially by paying the small fee. Please reply if further discussion is needed.

Either the wiper arms have stripped out the sockets and are not grabing the gears or the linkage is damaged or the motor iteself has damaged gears. The wipers being frozen and attempted to use was what caused the fatigue. Reply if you need disassembly instructions
Chris (aka- Moose), Ford Technician
Experience: 16 years experience with Ford.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the wiper arms sound like they are trying to move the wipers.
You need to use a flashlight and turn on the wipers and see if you see the shafts turning which the wiper arms attach to.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Chris (aka- Moose)'s Post: yes that would be great.Thanks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ca.n not see the shafts from under the hood do I need to remove the out side wiper grill to see the shafts

Here is how to remove the majority of it

graphicgraphicgraphicgraphic