Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

I have 1999 ford contour se 2.

I have 1999 ford contour se 2.0 4 cyc needing the timing belt marks and digram to help me set timing and the torques
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 8 years ago.
Expert:  Ron replied 8 years ago.

Hello Michael,

The above reference material should show you how to install your belt. The cam alignment requires a special tool which is inserted in the end of the cams, it will only fit one way when aligned properly. If you don't have this tool you can use a flat file as long as it fits tight in the notches. If I can assist let me know.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Ron's Post: how do i know where the timing marks are? can you please give me an writing statement & pictures(instructions) on how to set the timing and the torquer compression on the ford contour 1999 2.0 4 cycl.