Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician
3195632

1997 kia sephia: speedometer..speed sensor..check engine light is on

Customer Question

I have a 1997 kia sephia that the speedometer isn''t working, but I''ve replaced the speed sensor, checked the rotation of the transmission, replaced the entire console, and the check engine light is on.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Eric replied 9 years ago.

Do you know what the DTC trouble code number is XXXXX is causing the check engine light to come on?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I don't know what an DTC trouble code is but, I had it read at a Auto Zone and it said that the cause was the speedometer.
Expert:  Eric replied 9 years ago.

Most likely the problem is a short or open in the wiring harness or connectors. The other possiblity is that the wrong speed sensor was replaced. There is a input turbine speed sensor located on the side of the transaxle and a vehicle speed sensor located on top of the transaxle. The one you want to replace is the vehicle speed sensor located on top of the transaxle

Here is testing for short/open in wiring:

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

Please click the ACCEPT BUTTON or ask for more help. Positive feedback is always appreciated

This is a Paysite