Jerry, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Mechanic with over 30 years experience with N.Y.P.D. fleet service division
1699649

How do I change a serpentine belt on a 1997 oldsmobile regency

No Comment Added
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jerry replied 8 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-

-What type of engine is in your OLDS

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Jerry's Post: I really hate to show my ignorance, but I do not know what type engine is in the car except that it is gasoline powered! Now quite laughing! Surely they didn't put too many types in the 1997 Regency. It's raining (finally) real hard out so I cannot go lift the hood. I have over 250,000 miles on this engine and have had the belt replaced twice, but this time it came off when I pulled into my work parking lot and I was just going try to get a quick instruction and then try to get one of the men here to help me. But, if you can't give me any instructions due to my lack of knowledge, no problem, I'll call a tow truck. Thank you!
Expert:  Jerry replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomersending info for the 3 types used,no problem, 3.8 is v6 the other is 4 cyl with or without air condition. The belt tensioner is spring loaded .the belt is routed around the pulleys follwimg the diagram them the tensioner is pulled up to allow the belt to slide over the last pulley,then the tensioner is released and the belt is self adjusted. Jerry

graphicgraphicgraphic