Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

2005 Ford Explorer: the message center..warning light..suv..rebuilt

On my 2005 Ford Explorer, the message center is flashing "check Advancetrac". The little warning light for the advancetrac is also on, that looks like a little suv skidding out of control. My explorer was in a wreck, but has since been rebuilt. What could be causing that light? I know there's a module for that advancetrac, but just simply having a wreck wouldn't cause that module to go bad right? What else could be causing it to give me that reading?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 8 years ago.

Hello Bill,

The light flashing means something in the system has failed or is out of range. The next step is, you need to get a code scan to retrieve the code. Once you have the code it will be easy to determine what has failed. It not likely the modual. More common to loose a wheel sensor. Get the code and we can go from there. Its still safe to drive as the system has a back up system.