Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

FORD F250: HOW DO I REMOVE/REPLACE HEADLIGHT LENS..SUPERDUTY

Customer Question

HOW DO I REMOVE/REPLACE HEADLIGHT LENS ON A FORD F250 SUPERDUTY MODELYEAR 2000?     THANK YOU !
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 9 years ago.

With the hood up and looking straight down on the head lamp assembly you will see a sliding clip on each side of the lamp right on top. Pull both of them straight up till they release.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Ron's Post: these do not just spring right up-- is their a paticular tool i should use. should these come all the way out. will the lens just right out after these clips are out, or is there any other stepsor tips that can help me out. thank you.
Expert:  Ron replied 9 years ago.

No special tool, they do require a little effort to pull them up but do not pull them all the way out. Once they release the assembly will pull right out with a little wiggling.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
i will pay it but i dont think it was worth it on this one. i might try this again someday... mabye.
the lens did not come out anything close to what was decribed. the retaining clips do not just simley pull straight up, they do come straight up but not easily, i still think there is a tool for this to get into this tight spot (3 or 4 of mine broke-- two were reusable. the arm on the bottom is held in by a piece of plastic with a (molly screw type design) not intended to just wiggle out of the hole its latched in.
   so i guess i got it changed all you did was verify it was those clips that had to come out 1st after that nothing was of any use.
   so if you feel your information was worth the money go ahead and take it i figure it was worth about 1/2. you make the call
     hope you have a happy new year