Randall    (Cheeko)
Randall (Cheeko), Certified Mechanic Ford Motor Co.
Experience:  18 years as a Ford tech and still going

How do I remove the rear headrests on my 2002 Explorer ...

How do I remove the rear headrests on my 2002 Explorer XLT? I need to removed them so that the carseats for my twins fit forward facing. Britax has a larger than normal seat up to 100lbs.

Hi, you will need to remove the retainer clips to remove the head rest, see below, thanks

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Thank you thank you thank you..

I have only one suggest to add to your graphic... include the lines for the bar that goes from the seat to the headrest... took me a little while to figure out that the round thing was the plastic cap thing on the seat... I think if there were a bar coming up from the center of an oval it would easier to understand...

Again... THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU... my girls are going to be soooo much happier that they are riding forward facing!

Something like this...

Hi, glad you where able to get it, what we do for our kids, sorry for not having the best diagram and thanks for the suggestion on the pic it will help in the future, keep them safe and Merry Christmas, thanks