j_ramsey, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified engine repair a/c steering suspension automatic trans

1999 Ford F250 Super Duty: ignition coil..V10

Is it fairly easy to replace ignition coil on 1999 Ford F250 Super Duty V10? How can I tell which was is bad?
Category: Ford
Expert:  j_ramsey replied 8 years ago.
The coil packs may look difficult because they look like they are under the fuel rail, but once you take out the one bolt that holds the coil down it will slide right out. The only way to know for sure that a coil is bad is for it to set a code,and if you move the indicated coil to another cylinder and the code comes back as the cylinder that you moved it to.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
could you explain a little more about "code". I do not have access to a computer diagnostic. Just me in the driveway :)
Expert:  j_ramsey replied 8 years ago.
Alright,then I guess your only way to locate the coil that is bad is to unplug each one until you find one that doesn't affect the idle speed. This is assuming that it is misfiring sitting in park. I would even blow the dirt out after I located which cylinder and pull the spark plug to make sure it was ok.