Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

2002 ford taurus: my driver side dealer

my 2002 ford taurus has a water leak. my driver side floor is getting soaked took it in the ford dealer yesturday and they couldnt find a leak. spent over $40 for them to tell mey they couldnt find anything wrong but my floor is soaked. they should of told me that a more experience leak person would be in on fridays to try find a solultion. but wen I searched the internet their is a silent recall for these leaks do you know what I can do? caus the amount of water on my floor is rediculus. and I wonder if thats why many times that my sencer states that I have a door open
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 8 years ago.

Does the water smeel like coolant?

Does this only occur after you have parked with the front of the vehicle uphill?

Does it only occur on a hard rain?

Does the HVAC blower motor work fine?

Does this occur while using any AC settings including (max, ac, mix, or defrost)?

Can you actually see the water coming in or dripping?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Chris (aka- Moose)'s Post: last year I thought it was just me bringing in the snow or my shoes were just wet. but this year it seam like it happening every time it rains I have a major puddel on the floor. I go thur many towels cause its that wet. and I dont know if the door ajar light comes on if it has anything to do with the amount of water coming in. I dont know about the other things that were mentioned.

Does the water have an odor or specail film to it. Is it clear on the towel when dried up?

Do you park with the nose uphill?

Does the blower in the car work?

When you come out in the morning and notice a puddle. What did you set the HVAC system the previous day max ac panel floor mix defrost?

Whens its raining does it just fill up or can you see it dripping?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Chris (aka- Moose)'s Post: there is no oder the towls are just wet no discolor. I do not park up hill. as far as the blower I still have heat blowing. I just notice that the floor is wet in PA we just have the heat on now adays and the floor just gets wet there is no noticable dripping I guess thats why the ford dearler couldint find a leak....

Hello I'm Chris a Ford Employee and Certified Engine/Transmission Specialist.

Thanks for asking your question. I am eager to get your vehicle back up and running correct, I am here to help you out for a small fee far less than a dealership and easier on the wallet, so if this information is of aid PLEASE PRESS ACCEPT and help me out financially by paying the small fee. Please reply if further discussion is needed.

Since they can't find it then you will have to. Remove all the trim panels holding the carpet down and fold the carpet back to the front of the seat and dry the area very well. I use baby powder and cover the floor board with a solid powdering. Now shut all the doors and windows and sit in the car and have someone soak the car down really well to find the leak origin. You need to see if it is dripping from anything or running in from elsewher. You will see a trail in the baby powder. Most common leaks are the air inlet under the cowl at the base of the windshield. This will cause the blower to sometimes fail and the water to drip from the base of the blower under the glovebox. Other possible leaks can occur from a evap case drain. Above the passengers left foot toes wayt back up in there in the floor board. Anytime you use MAX, AC, PANEL/FLOOR,FLOOR/DEFROST,DEFROST the compressor is turning and removeing humidity from the air. So if the EVAP case drain is clogged or leaking the water will caome back in the car there. No I do not believe the water is affecting the door ajar unless the door is actually open and the source of the leak. The door ajar sensor is inside the door atttached to the latch.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
so I guess your telling me the ford dealer I am dealing with are stupid. and I have to figure this out on my own. I hate this car and I wont buy another ford ever again and I will be complaining to them... I was on the internet and there are plenty of people out their with the same problems I am having and are very mad. I also guess the ford manufacturing pobably knows of this and since its not a major saftey issue wont do anything about it. thank you anyways for telling me how I could find out for myself were the water is coming from.. I guess a single mother will have to try to do this on there own
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I have another question??? If I would of spent the higher amount for an answer would I of gotten a different solution???
I work for a ford dealer and I gave you the exact same method I use to to find the leaks. leaks are hard to find. Surely you see know way in blaming me for the problem you have with your car. I am not sure I understand what else you want me to say. If you paid me 5$ or 50 $ I would have given you the exact smae answer. When I supply you an answer and you accept I have given it my all to assist you. I get that money and pay my bills and buy groceries. When you do not accept I get nothing and I have to answer another 2 questions to make up for my loss here. This is my 2nd job that I use for income. You paid 40$ for the dealer to tell you nothing. If you would have paid me 9 dollars then you would of gotten the same service for far less. Since they did nothing for you and you have come to the conclusion I did nothing for you. Ford has 2 common passenger taurus leaks and I gave you both of them.