Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

What is the best way to bleed the hydraulic clutch on my 93 Ranger?

Customer Question

What is the best way to bleed the hydraulic clutch on my '93 Ranger?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 9 years ago.
The best way to blead the clutch slave cylinder is with a vacume pump. They Can be tricky
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Ron's Post: can it be done with the transmission off?
Expert:  Ron replied 9 years ago.
yes it can as long as you dont leave the system open.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
The answers weren't specific so I would know what to do.
Example: If I asked how to cut down a tree, I know it would take a saw, but I was looking for the specifics and exactly what and how to do it. All I got was what to use.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 9 years ago.

Hello I'm Chris a Ford Employee and Certified Engine/Transmission Specialist.

Thanks for asking your question. I am eager to get your vehicle back up and running correct, I am here to help you out for a small fee far less than a dealership and easier on the wallet, so if this information is of aid PLEASE PRESS ACCEPT and help me out financially by paying the small fee. Please reply if further discussion is needed.

Lets see if I can help you (a different expert)

The best way and easiest way to bleed this clutch is to have everything installed and remove the reservoir cap and pull a vacuum on the system with a handheld pump. Cycle the pedal a few times and the air will be gone. If you bleed all the air from the slave cylinder with the transmission off then you will reintroduce air into the system when connecting or disconnecting the push connect fittings. You need resistance in front of the slave to bleed it. It can be done with the slave cylinder in your hand and off the trans but is is best to do it in the truck installed. You can do the vacuum method or the actual bleeding procedure if you would like that I can post it.

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience: 16 years experience