Randall    (Cheeko)
Randall (Cheeko), Certified Mechanic Ford Motor Co.
Experience:  18 years as a Ford tech and still going

wheres the reverse light switch on my 2005 ford focus ...

wheres the reverse light switch on my 2005 ford focus 2.0L Manual transmission? my reverse lights do not come on when i put my vehicle in reverse! i have done some reading on a forum online, and they say it should be on top of the transmission, under the battery box....i called a local dealership and they said that it probably was a problem in the interior under my center console.....

Hi, beow is the location, on top of the transmission, thanks

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
ok i thought so how in the world do i get under there to remove it? i took out the battery, plastic battery holder, and the intake, i just can actually SEE the thing very clearly....correct me if im wrong but under the battery in this car is the transmission mount?!? thats what it looks like to me...well, my question do i get to the thing to replace it?
Hi, you will need to support the transmission from underneath and remove the trans mount , the book doesn;t have the procedure for just the sensor replacement , sorry to say, you are in the right area and going at it correctly, thanks