Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

1999 f150 4.6 litre. Heater hose return tube into manifold leaking.

1999 f150 4.6 litre. Heater hose return tube into manifold leaking. Simple press in fitting but tube is weakened at bottom (leaking there), at back of manifold and really hard to get to. How do I get the old one out without tearing off the top and leaving the bottom stuck in the receiver hole ( which would be a real nightmare)?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 8 years ago.

Hello I'm Chris a Ford Employee and Certified Engine/Transmission Specialist.

Thanks for asking your question. I am eager to get your vehicle back up and running correct, I am here to help you out for a small fee far less than a dealership and easier on the wallet, so if this information is of aid PLEASE PRESS ACCEPT and help me out financially by paying the small fee. Please reply if further discussion is needed.

In this instance it is best to remove the intake and perform the removal out of the truck. I use a punch and try to fold one side in then use a slide hammer hook and pull the rusted or broken piece out.