Lurch, Ford Cert.
Experience:  Ford Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years

Ford Aspire: Headlights..parking lights work..Fuses

Customer Question

"96 Ford Aspire - Headlights, brights and dims won't work, parking lights work. Fuses are okay and switch is okay. What could be the problem?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Lurch replied 8 years ago.
How do you know the "switch" is o.k.?
Is this the headlight switch or Dimmer Switch?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Headlight and dimmer switch is on the same unit, and switch was replaced and only parking lights work. Headlights and brights still do not work.
Expert:  Lurch replied 8 years ago.
Does it have Daytime Running lights?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Expert:  Lurch replied 8 years ago.

If the Headlamp fuse is good (power on both sides) & you have varified Voltage in & out of the switch, then it would have to be:
a) Ground
b) Head Light bulbs
c) Wiring
d) Plugs at Head Lights

I would want to double check Voltage into the Switch with a Meter & at the Head Light plugs.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Headlight bulbs are good. I guess I don't know what to do with this info. During this time I have been holding the switch while driving to make my brights work.
Expert:  Lurch replied 8 years ago.

Your post was:
<< Headlights, brights and dims won't work,>>

So if you are holding the Light switch to "bright" & the lights come on, then the Switch is still bad.

The Diagram I posted, shows there is no other components connected. The flow goes thru the Multi Function Switch.
Verify Voltage into switch & out with the switch in Low Beam position.