Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician

Ford: The heater fan has went bad in the car

Customer Question

The heater fan has went bad in the car. We have purchased the heater fan and need help on how to install the fan. My husband is a mechanic, but unfamilar with Ford. The repair manaul does not have enough information. How do we it? Any help you could give would be great. Thanks Tonya
Category: Ford
Expert:  Eric replied 6 years ago.

Here are directions with diagram and photos to help:

REMOVAL & INSTALLATION

See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4

Click image to see an enlarged view
Fig. 1: Remove the pushpins and ...

Click image to see an enlarged view
Fig. 2: ... remove the upper footwell panel from under the passenger side of the instrument panel

Click image to see an enlarged view
Fig. 3: The blower motor is mounted vertically into the evaporator housing

Click image to see an enlarged view
Fig. 4: Rotate the blower motor counterclockwise to disengage the retaining lug

1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.

2. Remove the push pins and remove the upper footwell panel from under the passenger side of the instrument panel.

3. Unplug the connector from the blower motor.

4. Carefully lift the retaining lug on the blower motor flange and rotate the motor counterclockwise approximately 30° to disengage it from the evaporator housing.

5. Remove the blower motor from the evaporator housing.

To install:

1. Inspect the gasket on the housing, replace if necessary.

2. Place the blower motor into the evaporator housing and rotate the motor clockwise until the retaining lug engages.

3. Attach the blower motor connector.

4. Install the upper footwell panel.

5. Connect the negative battery cable.

Please click the ACCEPT BUTTON or ask for more assistance. Positive feedback is always appreciated.

Please remember this is a Paysite

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience: Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
This helped so much. Thanks! Have a great day!!

Tonya and Andy
Expert:  Eric replied 6 years ago.

You are welcome-if you have further questions let me know

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Do you know where the Heater fan blower relay is?
Expert:  Eric replied 6 years ago.

on fuse panel under left side of dash