Glenn
Glenn, Senior Master Ford Tech
Experience:  26 years exp with Ford Products, ASE Master Auto & Truck + advanced engine perf L1/L2 Gas & Diesel
3389900

how do i disarm the tire pressure monitor on f250 ...

Customer Question

how do i disarm the tire pressure monitor on f250 super duty? 95% of the time my truck is not carrying any weight. i want to run 35# XXXXX for a better ride. my dealer says the monitor will not reset to that low pressure. i want to disconnect the monitor.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Glenn replied 7 years ago.

hello there,

Sorry This function is built into the smart junction block or the fuse box. There is not a way to disable it, and the instrument cluster more than likely does not use bulbs anymore. [to remove] The only thing I can think of, is to try different pressure sensors from an f-150 or explorer. I have no idea if it would actually work. Glenn

Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) Module

The SJB contains the TPMS functionality. Refer to Tire Pressure Monitoring System in Diagnosis and Testing for TPMS fault diagnosis and repair.

The SJB compares the information of each tire pressure sensor transmission against a pressure limit. If the SJB determines that the tire pressure has fallen below the low limit, the SJB communicates this to the instrument cluster on the vehicle communication bus.

Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) Pressure Sensor

The SJB monitors the air pressure in the 4 road tires with tire pressure sensors. The sensors transmit radio frequency signals to the SJB approximately every 60 seconds when the vehicle speed exceeds 32 km/h (20 mph).

The tire pressure sensors are battery operated and are mounted to metal brackets (called cradles) on the wheels inside the tires. The sensors are mounted 180 degrees from the valve stem.

The tire pressure sensor can be serviced separately from the cradle and the strap.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no i am not satisfied with your answer. i already knew how the system works. i also already had been told by a mechanic at the ford dealership where i bought the truck that they could not disconnect the tpms; i did state this in the explanation with my question. i feel sure that someone out there knows where to cut a wire or whatever it takes to disconnect the tpms. that is the answer i want. thanks