Virtual Wrench (L J)
Virtual Wrench (L J), Ford Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic
2617050

Serpentine belt routing diagram for a 2000 Ford Taurus.

Customer Question

Would like to have the serpentine belt routing diagram for a 2000 Ford Taurus.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Virtual Wrench (L J) replied 6 years ago.

Can you give me the 8th digit in the vin# XXXXX?

I need it for engine identification.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
VIN = 1FAFP5524YG166544

8th digit = 2

Thanks

Here you are!

graphic

If you have further questions on this, please feel free to reply.

If not, please click on Accept.

Thanks for asking!

Virtual Wrench (L J), Ford Mechanic
Experience: 35 years Master Mechanic
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Your diagram seems different than my engine:

Facing the engine, the alternator is at the top left of center. Below it to the right is the water pump, and to the right of that is the pwr steering. Right below that is the air cond. comprssor. To the left of the air comp. is the crank pully; above that is the tensioner/idler, and to the left of that is , I believe, is the smog pump. Your diagram unfortunately, doesn't fit.

No problem,

I didnt show the # XXXXX in my listing, i had a #4 and being that number was right next to the 2, i thought you maybe were off by on the count...

Is this the 3.0 or 3.8L engine

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
This vehicle has a 3.0 liter engine, and if it matters any, it is also designated as aFFV (Flexible Fuel Vehicle)

graphicYour not gonna believe this, here are the 4,,,yes 4 options for the 3.0 lol...

I have a SE model pluged in, what model is yours?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
My car is an SE model. Also, this is a California car, if possibly the pulley arrangement is different due to our more stringent Smog rules.

I found it!!

According to this your 8th digit should be a "U"

graphic

Sorry for the hassle, some special car you have there!!

Thanks for asking!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
That looks like that's the one. Thanks!

Thanks for the BONUS!

You sure made earn my money on that one!.. lol...

Are you sure you didnt give me the registration number.. lol...

Thanks for asking!

Take care.