Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

96 ranger: radio..wire harness..the speakers...what colors on the plug

96 ranger radio wire harness..speaker wir colors on plug dont match the color on the speakers...what colors on the plug are the correct on the speakers

Hello I'm Chris a Ford Certified Electrical specialist.

Thanks for asking your question. I am eager to get your vehicle back up and running correct, I am here to help you out for a small fee far less than a dealership, so if this information is of aid PLEASE PRESS ACCEPT and help me out financially. Please reply if further discussion is needed.

Here is the complete wire harbess for you audio system

graphicgraphic

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Chris (aka- Moose)'s Post: I have this information in my manual...however..on the harness in the dash where the old radio came out...there are 2 plugs.. a long gray rectangular and a smaller black plug. The colors on the harness dont match my book or what you just gave me. on the small black plug I have as follows...
beige, ltblu, prpl/wt,brn,wt/red.grn/blk,grey (side1)
ltblu/red,yel/blk,ltblu/blk,wt/red,blk,grn/red,prpl
(side 2)
I assume these are the speaker wires..??
Is one connector a 16 pin and the other a 8 pin
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Chris (aka- Moose)'s Post: 8 on the log gray 1 and actually 14 on the smaller black 1.

here is the only other diagram I have for your vehicle. It may not have a CD changer or a amp but the wire colors seem to fit a little better.

graphicgraphic

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Chris (aka- Moose)'s Post: still doesnt match...what should I do?

What radio does your vehicle have?

Do you have a CD changer or an AMP?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Chris (aka- Moose)'s Post: AM/FM cassette deck, factory. I want to put a CD player am/fm in

See if this connector matches up on the back of the radio.

graphicgraphic

ON the 14 pin connector is it actually have 14 wires or 14 holes for wires

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
14 wires. I gave you the colors in a previous message. there are 2 plugs...an 8 wire and a 14 wire. the /8 wire has power, ground and acc power. the 14 wire one is just weird cause Id only need 8 wires for the speakers but I have 14 wires on the plug

Okay does this connector match your 8 pin

graphic

graphic

What is the 10th character of your vin#

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
yes it matches the 8 pin, the 10 digit is "T"

Okay the T verifies it is a 96.

The only other connector possible that matches even close to your wire colors is the 16 pin connector.

graphicgraphicgraphic

If this does not help then I will have to opt out and lest someone assist whom has a different wire diagram for a canadian vehicle

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
well those colors dont match either...the vehicle was from the US and was imported here 4 yreas ago, so that shouldnt matter.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
you know what Chris..... its ok...you got it right...they all work out...just some of the colors are faded and smudged....all the wires work and are in the right places of the plug. THANK YOU Bud!!
Please do not forget to hit accept so i can stop pulling my hair out.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
HAHAHA.....ok dude
your welcome and good night
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Chris?? Where is the external amp located on my truck. Been told its on the passenger kick panel, but I only see the airbag control mod. Any suggestions?
give me just a minute to look
graphic
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
thats not there in my truck, only thing there is the blue box says its the air bag control module
Man this hole truck is just throwing me and you for a loop. Nothing seems to be match ing what ford or and other website I use ,says. Both websites show it behind the kickpanel. I would find it strange to believe you would have AMP and CD changer wire harness with out haveing a CD CHANGER or an AMP
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
hahaha.....well....Im gonna go out and start ripping things apart. Was hoping you could help out...keep at it if you can....Ill check back later.
I have been looking since you replied this morning I show no other location for an AMP. You may have bunt cut wires on the 14 pin connector that go no where
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Found it....behind the passenger pull out rear seat under the small window underneath everything.!! Do you do house calls to put it all back together?? LOL
Thanks anyways for your help...now I taught you something... $$ ...hahaha
No house calls. hahah